Underwater Pool Lights – Create a Magical Swimming Pool
Until a few decades ago, the pool was associated almost exclusively with wellness and sports. It is one of the most luxurious landscape design elements, which must look spectacular both day and night. During daylight hours, the water basin fascinates with its clarity and bright patches of sunlight. But with the onset of darkness, any body of water can be quite dark, uninteresting construction. To avoid this, use pool lights, creating a magical night in the shady shimmering oasis. Let’s talk about swimming pool lighting to create an unforgettable atmosphere, and the pool light bulb needed.
Swimming Pool Lights to Create an Unforgettable Atmosphere
Enhance your pool experience with pool lights by creating a backyard ambiance that is uniquely you. Modify your environment to suit your tastes and mood, creating a paradise that extends far beyond your pool. Tantalize your senses, sight, sound, and touch.
Choose a principal underwater pool light.
Already at the stage of development of the landscape design area, where there is a swimming pool, you should consider choosing a principle of its illumination. It must comply with the overall design of the site and its character. There are two possible solutions:
1. Classic lighting, which is based on a low-key, soft light. The task of such coverage – to bring the pool of darkness in the dark and highlight its natural beauty.
2. Decorative lights, creating a new vision of the water surface, giving it a special atmosphere. Decorative lighting can create a variety of effects: shimmering, color backed by music.
Depending on where the lighting fixtures will be placed, swimming pool lighting is divided into:
- Top or general
- The lighting of the pool
Most pools in our time have a roof over your head placed directly in the building or protected by a canopy (pavilion). If you have an indoor swimming pool, the overhead lighting is not a luxury but a necessity.
In principle, the general lighting in the room where the pool is no different from the light solutions in other buildings or annexes. In most preferred poured even illumination through various lamps and illuminators, the surface should be protected from condensation and spray. Select devices that meet class 1 or 2 of water security.
Ceiling light fixtures
The most common light fixtures for pools are equipped with incandescent or fluorescent lamps, protected by a sealed enclosure. Others apply lamps-point halogen lamps or diode to create a variety of decorative effects (such as “starry sky”).
The choice of lighting design completely depends on your vision of the design pool. For example, if you own, simple rectangular structures oriented treatment, the suitable point halogen lamps built into the wall or ceiling. Not bad complement the laconic style and fixtures, moving on rail systems – such a choice will make it easy to change the direction of the light flux. If the pool is located under a tent in the summer annex, the best light may become fixtures like lamps in a country style.
Swimming Pool Lighting
Bowls – the most difficult, but at the same time, the most common way to “run” the light in the pool, especially if the water body is located in an open area. The difficulty lies in its special care selecting and installing lighting. For these purposes, fixtures for swimming pools are in constant contact with the water, so their device is very important to protect against moisture ingress into the system. Otherwise, it may result in electric shock bathers, which will agree, not too nice. Therefore, the entire lighting system, which will directly contact the water, should be improved by sealing wiring and fixtures. In addition, it prohibited the use of 220V lamps, has the right to live in these conditions, only the voltage of 12V.
Swimming Pool Lights Underwater
Since all projectors can be used underwater lights, the voltage must be above 12V. The best choice for such lamps will halogen or LED lamps. Halogen lamps are the most common because of their inexpensive cost, but LED lamps can create certain lighting effects – this is important if you decide to its decorative lighting pool. In addition, LED pool lights are different from halogen lamps a longer life, so the initial cost of such underwater lights for swimming pools will pay off for years of trouble-free operation.
Floating pool lights
Floating pool lights must be equipped with a rechargeable battery that allows the lamp to work without a mains connection. Otherwise, water will flow wire that is still acceptable for ponds or ornamental ponds but not suitable for swimming pools—the most widely used batteries in terms of received solar panels, rechargeable by solar energy. Solar battery, a charge per day, will feed all night LED lamps located inside a floating light.
Floating pool light is fixed on the water’s surface using floats and when the wind blows can be easily moved. If it is inconvenient for bathing, they may be secured in place with a cargo lying on the bottom.
Fiber optic lighting
The main components of such a system – a light emitter and a fiber optic cable, the receiving and transmitting a light. Fiber optic cable is not plugged in, so when used, there is a full guarantee of protection against electric shock. The light emitter can be installed at a considerable distance from the water to prevent moisture damage. Using fiber optic lighting is easy to implement different lighting effects and includes general construction of filters. There are radiators with filters with the possibility of connecting them to the computer control system. Thus it is possible to program the dynamic effects, expanding their musical shows.
This coverage is arranged along the contour of the pool, helping to orient themselves in space or night bather simply performs a decorative function. Using this type of LED underwater pool lights around the pool is formed glowing solid or dotted line separating the water from the land.
Most often used for such fiber optic lighting created around the perimeter of the pool color lines, flashing lights or star dotted outline. Also popular option with outdoor halogen lamps, spaced around the perimeter of the pool.
Inground Pool lights
Inground pool lights are used when you want to emphasize and highlight some of the construction details, such as the flow of water or stair rail. For this purpose, the best suited fiber optic lighting is easily fixed on any object due to its flexibility. Also, you can place the above ground pool lights which will make your swimming pool transform to a magical place.
LED pool lights with creative tips to create a different atmosphere
LED lighting is revolutionizing the world of illumination. Replaces classic incandescent or halogen lamp for high performance LED pool light. This change represents a significant savings, both for the duration of the LED lamp and its consumption.
In addition, LED lights give a step further with the addition of RGB LED ( Red, Green and Blue ), which you can change color and sequence to create a different atmosphere and colorful.
Here we explain how to install and detail the types of facilities with all its components:
How to Install LED lights
Generally a LED operating at a lower intensity than a conventional lamp voltage. This must be taken into account when performing a new installation or to replace existing lamps.
In the case of RGB LED must be added to the system modulator. The modulator controls the color sequence and synchronize the different points of light installed. For install without modulator, the LED lamps are fixed in a random color. A normally closed switch can replace modulator. The button provides a very limited color change control and fails to take full advantage of the facility.
Types of Installation
Here we show you the different types of installation.
– Underwater: Are the facilities par excellence. LED Lights are placed inside the glass of the pool, being completely submerged. This type of installation requires specific projectors, intended exclusively for this use. Going underwater, the level of sealing must be very high to prevent possible accidents. The projectors operate at low voltage (12V) to minimize any incident that could happen.
– From outside: This type of projectors give room to the garden and outdoor pool. They are ideal for entertainment areas of the garden. A variety of projectors. Outdoor projectors can be installed underwater controlled by a single modulator to synchronize the inside and outside of the pool.
– Floating: This type of lights are not connected to the mains. Battery-powered (usually between 12 and 24V). They float left illuminating the pool water.
Types of light
You can find projectors with different LED light.
– White light: It’s the kind of basic light. Projectors emit a fixed white light, usually warm (between 2700 and 3000 ° Kelvin). Compared to halogen lamps or incandescent lamps, these projectors are saving on consumption and long durability.
– RGB lights: This type of projectors offers a wide range of possibilities, and you can change the color of light and control as desired, offering multiple alternatives to acclimate any space.
– Modulator: modulator allows you to make different color sequences with the push of a button.
– With built-modulator: Some projectors already include the modulator within the team. This allows control of each lamp independently and simplifies installation. This type of projectors often replace halogen spotlights, as only changing the bulb can enjoy all the possibilities of RGB LED lighting.
– No built-modulator: This type of projectors are mounted with the separate modulator. You can join several projectors at the same modulator. This installation is cheaper and can synchronize all points of light.
– Remote control: The remote control allows on and off the lights and change its color without moving. Most RGB lights modulator including the command to carry away incorporated. When buying a modulator usually also incorporate the remote control.
There are cheaper products that do not incorporate. The light control is then made manually through the modulator or directly with a switch. This option provides a basic control system and not making everything you could.
– Digital regulation: The higher-end models offer the option of a computerized digital control. This system requires computer software that controls the on-off switching of lights and sequences. The fullest even let you synchronize the lights with music, which promotes creating a very dynamic environment.
Underwater Pool lights – How to Install
Installation of swimming pool lights underwater in your home does not have to be a major renovation project of the pool or even require the pool to be drained. With the right kind of lighting for pools and a little knowledge of electricity, the swimming pool lighting can be done in one afternoon. Then you leave the steps to install the swimming pool lights.
Swimming pool lights – Choosing
By choosing a suitable swimming pool lights, it is important to consider the time of the project. What parts need to be replaced? What about the size of the pool and the amount of electrical work you need? To avoid draining your pool and avoid drilling holes in it, it is best to select a light mounted suction. There are some models that have their own weight and do not need any other system to stay at the base of the pond. Also, read the instructions for each light fixtures to see if there are special requirements.
For quick and easy installation, no electrical work, a light battery is the best solution. However, batteries need regular replacement and life of light will be shorter than the light of a cable model. Choose lights wired according to the type of pool wall.
Underwater pool lights – Mount light
To begin the second step you should assemble the light in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications thereof and must check all seals. This can be done by immersing the light in shallow water and watch for bubbles when performing this action. Most sets come disassembled, but the installation is very easy. If you bought a light that does not have any kind of weight that you should think of a way to anchor. A brick should be enough.
You must take into account the type of power supply with the pool lights which you will put in your pool.
- For a battery-operated light, install batteries and proceed to next step.
- For a light cable, you must configure a power supply. If a GFCI outlet close enough to the pool that the power light will mount the light transformer to the wall next to the exit and connect the light. Then go to next step.
- If there is an outlet available, you must install a junction box waterproof an existing power line. First, turn off the power at the circuit breaker. Find the line cord to the pool pump or filter. Cut the line with a pliers and expose the wire using a separator to remove the case. Install the junction box according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Ate light in the box. Check all accessories to ensure that seals are waterproof.
- If the light does not have its own switch and do not want it while the pump or filter are walking, you must also install a light switch. Check all joints before moving to next step.
Swimming Pool Lights – Install light
Test the light to make sure it works properly. Mount the light on the wall of the pool according to the manufacturer’s specifications. If you have a pool with a hard wall and are using a light cable, remove the edge on the area where you are installing the light. Run the cable over the edge of the pool and then replace the rim. If you have a pool of smooth wall and is using a light cable anchor the cable to the railing of the pool according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Now turn on the light and start enjoying your pool at night without problems.